It matters not that we do not use weapons, martial or ranged. What matters most is what is in our hearts. Here we are, fighting, not for national boundaries. Not even for our mortal lives do we stand and march to defend. What we fight for is greater than any of this.

What we fight for is peace, liberty, and justice; what we are fighting for is the survival of our families, for One Family Under God; what we are fighting for is the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth; what we are fighting for, is Cheon-Il-Guk.

Let the battle begin, and let it end without a drop of blood being spilled.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

"You know, In Jin, darling, I just love co-existing with you!"

Today I received an email from Knut Holdhus, an elder in the Unification movement of Norge (Norway). He sends me a lot of stuff, and I must admit that a lot of it I don’t read. Some I don’t read because I’m still rather rusty on my Norwegian, while others are just so lonng. However, this one caught my eye because this speach was made at the church I used to go to once a month or so when I lived in Massachusetts.

Below is a bit from that speach. It was made by In Jin Moon, one of Rev. Sun Myung Moon and Hak Ja Han Moon’s (The “True Parents”) daughters. This bit is from a point where she was highlighting three important aspects of of the Unification Movement (HSA-UWC, FFWPU, UPF, CARP, STF, RYS, etc. ) I wanted to share it with you because she talks about the difference between co-existance and true harmony between peoples of different races, religions, and cultures.

Enjoy, and be inspired.
"In my mind we are a movement that really espouses 3 things. What we represent is interracial harmony, and there is nothing more beautiful than that. There are no children better looking than interracial children. Then, interreligious dialogue. Especially coming after 9/11 we saw the atrocities that the world of religions, if you will, did to this country, in New York. How are you going to stop terrorism? How are you going to stop the hatred? The only way you are going to stop hatred is through love, right? I mean, here I see bumper stickers saying, ‘co-exist’ with different symbols of religion, and all the liberals are like, “Wow! This is so profound” And I’m looking at that in horror! Co-existence is not really loving your brothers and sisters. If I put a co-exist on top of my bedroom, I don’t think my marriage would be a good one. If my husband were to turn to me and say, “You know, In Jin, darling, I just love co-existing with you!” it’s just not going to inspire me as much as if he were to turn to me and say, “You know, I really love you,” right? It’s just that kind of thing. Or, “In Jin, in all my years of being married to you, I just really enjoyed tolerating you.” If he were to say that to me, I don’t know what would happen.

You see, the liberal media and this whole atmosphere of tolerance and co-existence may sound beautiful, but if you really look beyond it, it’s basically saying, “Put up with each other but don’t really love.” But the incredible thing is that True Parents are saying, “No, no, no. You cannot just put up with each other. You have to really love each other. You really have to kind of learn to see each other as a family, learn to love each other as brothers and sisters.

My friend Lynn has an interracial marriage and her child actually started a blog on the Internet that grew to 160,000 people wanting to be a part of her conversation because she was saying, “Why do people always made me choose? I don’t want to be black. I don’t want to be white. I want to be love. That’s what I am.” That’s what True Parents are saying. We all are children of love, right? And it doesn’t matter what race you come from, it doesn’t matter what religion you come from. We are not here to co-exist. We are not here to tolerate each other. We are here to really learn how to love each other. And loving each other requires understanding. We can not truly love somebody without understanding them. We cannot truly love our Jewish brothers and sisters without understanding the beauty of their faith. You cannot truly love Islamic brothers and sisters without understanding the beauty of their faith. So by coming to appreciate what their religion stands for and their history then you come to understand and then love and see the beauty in each different religions. And that’s how we become harmonious.

And that’s how we come to our third point which is intercultural appreciation. We have so many different cultures. We should not simply co-exist, we should not just tolerate each other, we should not just put up with each other. But we really should appreciate each other’s cultures."

In Jin Moon
Family Federation for World Peace & Unification, Boston,
19th of October, 2008

I recommend Google Translate to translate this page.
Jeg anbefaler Google Translate å oversette denne siden.

2012 Motto for the Unification Movement

Cheon-gi 3 (2012) Unification Movement/Tongilgyo/Cheon Il Guk Motto:

"The Era of the Victory, Liberation, and Completion of the True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind"

Click here to read a translated transcript of Father Moon's 'True God's Day 2012' midnight prayer.